Looking for White Scorpion seeds  

RSS

A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
November 22, 2018 1:25 am  

I know white scorpion exists because they are in the Chris P collection.  Just seems like white would round off the collection.  I am kind of weird that way, obsessive maybe?  Can trade for what ever you see in our catalog.

ReplyQuote
BlackFatalii
(@blackfatalii)
Eminent Member
November 22, 2018 6:13 am  

Mojo has seeds for a White Moruga. Looks pretty cool, although since it appeared as a variant of their Peach Moruga, I'm guessing neither of those are stable yet. But I am growing the Peach Moruga next year anyway.  🙂 

I don't have any White Scorpions, but I do have isolated seeds for the Peach "Scorpion" from Hippy Seed Co. I put that in quotes because the heat and flavor is quite different from other Scorpions. It is actually quite mild for a chinense, and has a pleasant cucumberish flavor with hints of honeydew melon and a light chinense taste underneath. None of the brutal heat or floralness of many other Scorpions. The smallish pods are fairly lumpy and bumpy, and most have stubby little Scorpion tails on the bottom. It is the angriest looking mild pepper that I have grown. 

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
November 23, 2018 9:21 am  

Thank you.  Have a white and peach moruga growing and you are right, not stable at all.  i can not tell where the white starts and the peach ends. Culling and trying to move the colors to either end of the spectrum each year.  Looking for something with tail cause... insert tail joke here...

To be honest, i think my obsession with this one is a Puckerbutt thing.  Their contract really bugs me.  You can't sell anything you grow from their seeds?  Kind of flies in the face of farming doesnt it?  Anyway, they have white scorpion from the Chris P collection but the result of that deal seems to be Chris P can no longer share seeds or maybe can not share his seeds with anyone in the business. 

On the other hand: They have an amazing business and i think the owner has a degree in business.  I moved online because i couldnt load and unload for the small farmers market type events we used to do.  i am so not the business man type.  So I really should not criticize a guy who is.

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
November 29, 2018 12:17 pm  

Seed Patents/Restrictions are for the weak and uncompetitive businesses that only care about their 'BOTTOM LINE'. They might have created a variety/type, but they sure as hell used an 'UN-PATENTED/UN-RESTRICTED seed to get to where they are today. ALL GLORY...NO GUTS is how I see it. Just my two cents...

BUSINESS + COMPETITION = NOT RESTING ON YOUR LAURELS

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
November 29, 2018 7:02 pm  

Selling seed and stating that the farmer can not sell what he grows with that seed seems nutty.  But I am not much of a business person and it seems to be working for Puckerbutt.  I would wager with all his degrees, Mr. Curry is much better at the business end of things than I ever will.  PBM is not even in his league so I cant really have an opinion other than it does seem nutty.

ReplyQuote
BlackFatalii
(@blackfatalii)
Eminent Member
November 30, 2018 12:09 am  
Posted by: A.J. Drew

Selling seed and stating that the farmer can not sell what he grows with that seed seems nutty.  

True. Even Monsanto doesn't do that.

As for PBM not being in Puckerbutt's league, that is only true in regard to the size of the business. I stopped buying Puckerbutt's seeds because of all the problems I had with their seeds not growing true, or looking nothing like the photo on their site, or sometimes not even germinating at all. By contrast, PBM seeds always have great germination rates and have always grown true for me. You blow Puckerbutt away for both quality and customer service. I always recommend PBM to people looking for seeds or fresh pods. 

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
November 30, 2018 1:15 am  

Thank you, but seriously the differences are huge.  I just watched a video with the owner.  It listed his degrees.  I think there were six.  The article mentioned the guy is a millionaire.  Also that Puckerbutt stock will be public stock / traded soon.  That is big time.

Can't find the video now.  Wanted to link.

ReplyQuote
BlackFatalii
(@blackfatalii)
Eminent Member
November 30, 2018 2:31 am  

So Ed Currie is a millionaire with 6 degrees, and his business is doing well. OK, cool. I still stand by my statement. In my opinion, the quality of your product is far better than his. I used to be one of his customers. But I was not impressed with the quality of his product, to put it mildly.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread. I just think that you should give yourself a little more credit. Your business may be small by comparison, but your product compares favorably to that of many other vendors, Ed Currie included.

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 1, 2018 4:53 pm  

Their in a big rush to make money. Stabilizing takes time and money. Two things most businesses avoid. I had the same problem with Puckerbutt. They ought to try bagging their seedstock plants, too. Cutting corners in the RACE TO THE BANK, in my opinion. I've been saving seed,  producing my own seed stock and breeding for 40+ years and if you don't follow the proper procedures your end result can be all over the place as far as phenotypes. Not to mention cross pollination during seedstock grow outs if you're not bagging/isolating (isolation if a gamble if going for true to type seed) the plantstock. I've got to admit that A.J.'s (PBM) seeds have done nothing but make smiles on my face. More than I can say about ANY other mail order seed company that I've dealt with in the past. I prefer dealing with small businesses because they go the extra mile. PBM is has it goin' on as good or better as the big/bigger pepper companies. Excellent job, A.J.!!!

BlackFatalii liked
ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 2, 2018 3:54 am  

Guys, I still glue some of my flowers shut.  We are not talking small time, we are talking tiny time.

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 2, 2018 4:18 pm  

Sounds like TLC, too me!!! 

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 2, 2018 4:21 pm  

Sounds like TLC, too me, A.J.  I'll run with that any day over anything else. Like it or not you're still kicking a dent in A LOT of THEIR asses!!!

BlackFatalii liked
ReplyQuote
BlackFatalii
(@blackfatalii)
Eminent Member
December 3, 2018 4:47 am  
Posted by: gratefulseedsaver

A.J.'s (PBM) seeds have done nothing but make smiles on my face. PBM is has it goin' on as good or better as the big/bigger pepper companies. Excellent job, A.J.!!!

I agree with this 100% 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share: