Orange Blob  

RSS

BlackFatalii
(@blackfatalii)
Eminent Member
December 5, 2018 8:25 am  

Orange Blob

The Orange Blob is a very tasty pepper. It produces dark orange, thin-walled pods that have a somewhat Scotch Bonnet-like appearance. The peppers are crunchy and fairly sweet, with a really nice orangish-citrusy flavor. There is also a faint hint of green grassiness at times, but the citrusy taste is by far the dominant flavor. There are no floral or other off-putting flavors. It does have the typical chinense taste, but it is more subdued and toned-down than in most Habs and Bonnets, which really allows the citrus flavor to shine.

This pepper has a fairly mellow burn that begins at a very low level, then gradually builds to about 2/3 of Orange Habanero heat levels. The burn seems smoother and less aggressive than most Habanero type peppers. 

I feel that the Orange Blob is a very underrated pepper. It is citrusy and sweet, with a comfortable burn. This pepper deserves a lot more attention than it gets. I am definitely including it in my grow next season.

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 11, 2018 8:25 pm  

Thanks for sharing.  I admit I love funky shapes.  So this just made it on my watch list.  Havent been very social so not in any seed trains this year, but still shop for fun every now and then.

ReplyQuote
Share: