What is up with the whole Pepper Persona thing?  

RSS

A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 6, 2018 7:17 am  

Has anyone else noticed that the facade persona of various folk in the pepper business seem to evolve over time?  It seems very odd as farming is one of the oldest and probably most boring professions there has ever been.  I mean the peppers are exciting.  I love growing almost anything new.  I really love completing a set of colors.  Got some seed in from Bakers Creek for yellow jalapeno, but its not like a great many people get excited about things like that.

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 8, 2018 11:48 am  

I totally agree with you. I grew up on a farm and we grew food out of necessity and to make a living (note: farmers make a piss poor living). When I moved to the city I continued growing my own food. I don’t eat just peppers (although the world would be duller without them) and I have to chuckle when I see the amount of time, energy and money people expend over  a single vegetable. My garden wouldn’t be complete without peppers being grown in it, but it would still be growing without them. ‘You should know how to tie your shoes before you go walking in them’ is pretty much my spin on the some of the folks spinning ‘PEPPER-MANIA’ into some sort of frenzy trend. Hobby’s aren’t meant to be obsessions, they’re meant for relaxing.

This post was modified 5 days ago by gratefulseedsaver

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 11, 2018 7:34 pm  

Have to admit the need to earn a living with the popular peppers infringes on my love of growing new things.  Have even started separating what I am growing for myself from the rest of the fields.  When I walk into my private garden, I can feel the stress fall away.  Even starting to decorate.  I forget the name of the patron saint of gardening, but hoping to have his statue soon.

ReplyQuote
Share: