Gardner Minshew has Jaguars backup job in his grasp  

RSS

XelcGome
(@xelcgome)
November 13, 2019 2:05 am  

The Jacksonville Jaguars struggled to score points in Week 2 of the preseason against the Philadelphia Eagles, but while the scoreboard was similar to Week 1, the play on the field was quite different and much improved. The biggest improvement was from rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew, who has all but officially locked up the backup quarterback job.Minshew finished the night 19 of 29 for 202 yards passing and as someone who doesn like to harp on drops, dang he had some nice throws flat out dropped down the field and a touchdown called back on a ticky-tack penalty. He looked much improved from the week prior where he just got absolutely smashed on seemingly every play.ffensively, last week Gardner [Minshew II] came out of a game where I think I can look at it and there a lot of things I did like last week https://www.jaguarsoutletshop.com/Brandon_Watson_Jersey-212 , but during the week Ie gotten a lot of questions where, ey, what do you need to see What do you need to do I thought that Gardner gave us a really good opportunity to win the game, Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone said after the game when asked about what he saw different from Week 1.After the first preseason game there was some concern over the Jaguars backup quarterback and a second straight week might have had the team looking for a street free agent veteran to bring in behind Foles Geoff Swaim Jersey, but it sounds like Minshew on Thursday night put a lot of those thoughts to bed Tyre Brady Jersey.Minshew, while making some nice throws, also displayed a lot of moxy and Tom Coughlin personal favorite, rit, a few times on Thursday. There were a few throws down the field where Minshew hung in the pocket with the heat coming and still stayed calm and delivered a good ball knowing he was going to get hit. His internal clock may need to speed up just a tick, as he was sacked holding the ball too long on a play, but he still has shown there is definitely something there to work with.

Share: