Mites: Best Nuke ???  

RSS

A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 2, 2018 2:35 am  

So our house pepper pants and others have mites.  None have made it to the grow rooms yet and I want to keep it that way.  Fighting them in the grow room is always a royal pain in the rear because I do everything I can to stay organic down there.  So best chemical weapon to use on upstairs mites?

Bug Be Gone is what my wife uses on house plants.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by A.J. Drew

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 2, 2018 5:23 pm  

Water, 1 tablespoon Neem Oil (any food grade oil will work) 1/2 teaspoon dish soap and 32oz. spray bottle. That'll whack just about any soft-bodied insect (excluding beetles, caterpillar,etc.). You don't even need the Neem Oil, really. It's extra protection. A wetting agent in straight water will whack them, too. Soft-bodied insects lack lungs and breathe through their cuticle/skin and suffocate. Careful around bees and beneficials, though. Drops wasps & hornets, too.

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 2, 2018 5:25 pm  

Aloe Vera is a good wetting agent and 100% organic if it's being grown organically.

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 2, 2018 7:17 pm  

Downstairs / grow room stuff is organic.  I bake my home made potting soil to make sure i dont bring insects inside.  Upstairs, wife insists on store bought potting soil and chemical fertilizer cause anything upstairs is exposed to cats, dogs, and kids... natural bug carriers.

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 5, 2018 11:33 pm  

You don’t need the chemical pesticides really. That stuff knocks them down quick. Just an option. Everyone uss different stuff. I’m more adamant these days with the seed and chemical companies owning one another. 

ReplyQuote
Share: