Snow Gardening  

RSS

gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 2, 2018 3:43 pm  

92C8B459 3390 4A37 B239 C32BAA1FA98A

The snow here is doing the gardening, now. Nice slow water for the soil, microbes and compost heaps. I 'dry-farm' a lot of my crops so, snow snow snow. It rained 2" before it turned to snow. I'm indoors raising hell with the plants and having a blast! 

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 2, 2018 6:28 pm  

You know some idiot, like me, is going to ask you where you bring your snow to market.

I snuck down stairs to make sure mites from house plants did not migrate to the grow rooms.  Other than that, wife wont let me climb stairs so I am bored.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by A.J. Drew

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 11, 2018 4:10 pm  

Well, actually that is going to take ME to the Market come next season. Sounds like you dodged a ‘mite’ bullet. How’s the foot coming along? Hope all is well. Hang in there...the wife has to leave the house sometime...

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 11, 2018 8:22 pm  

On the mites: I nuked the house plants so they wouldn't migrate.  She is letting me go down there once a day or so.  Foot is closing well cause I have a thing called a wound vac on it.  I know it sounds insane, but it literally sucks the wound closed.  That way you dont need it stitched shut and it can drain.  Also, just found out infections can not grow in a vacuum.  The challenge is that I have to carry around a vacuum with me and I have a hose coming out my frigging foot.  Also have a picc line out my arm, so there are hoses everywhere and I look like a Borg.

Here is the thing.  Last year at about this time I had almost the same thing happen to my right foot.  They sent me to a nursing home.  I stayed one day, lost my mind, got thrown out.  Without the wound vacuum, it took so long to heal that I got a very late start in the spring.  This year, trying to do what the doctors say using my wife as a nurse / Doctor Mom.  Hoping for better results.

Last year, nursing home, Day 1, I wanted to wheel across the street to visit the pet store.  They told me I was not allowed to leave the building without a 'responsible adult'.  I just kind of lost it and went anyway.  They did not like that too much.  They really didnt like it when I tried to get a parade of other people to join me.

ReplyQuote
Share: