December 2, 2018 1:24 am  

6CEA5204 6776 4E4B 9E8A 594CFA9F6E78

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@ajdrew)
Member Admin
December 2, 2018 1:43 am  

Looking great even though Chocolate Bhutlah became one of my most hated peppers due to all the different strains.  Have to ask: Which strain and where did the seed come from?  Had a friend show me the pods from seed he got from Puckerbutt.  He wound up with pods that were all over the place in shape and size.  Same friend bought Chocolate Bhutlah CS from Jim Duffy and got about what you are showing.  It is so damn confusing.  I get that pod size is largely determined by both DNA and growing conditions, but pod shape?

This is about what we finally settled on.

20170821 134242 1024x614

I've started getting pods that look about like that, but it has taken years of growing X,Y, and Z to finally be happy with what I got.

Then again, have had reapers from the same plant look wildly different.  Makes a person wonder if any of the newer peppers are truly stable.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by A.J. Drew

ReplyQuote
gratefulseedsaver
(@gratefulseedsaver)
Eminent Member
December 2, 2018 2:54 pm  

I know what you mean...nothing seems stable anymore unless you do it yourself. I got these seeds from a breeder in Germany. They look more like Chocolate Bhut Jolokia (except larger) too me. First time growing them, though. They were absolutely dripping inside and had SEARING heat. Tasted like a typical Bhut though. I grew ten plants and kept the best of the them to work with and powdered the rest.  The first time I grew a Carolina Reaper (Puckerbutt Seed), I grew 15 plants and two of the plants went 100% Chocolate and a couple plants had mixed Red and Chocolate pods. The they wanted to deny the fact of  Unstable/Recessive, they weren't going to hear about that from me so, I quit buying from them. No one seems to want to wait for the lineages to stabilize, they want the money and fame(whatever that might be???) and will be quick to denounce any problems with their work. They sure try to take some of the fun out of it by operating like that, but...I can breed my own if need be. Wizards their not. Greedy and Lazy sounds more of a fit to me.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by gratefulseedsaver

'Freedom Disappears Under The Dominance Of A Bad Habit'

ReplyQuote
Share: