Its mid April, 2018 and the season is off to a good start. Today, my 13 year old daughter Aubreyahna asked me if she could use the walk behind tiller this year. I didn’t think she could mange the beast of a machine, but trust her with supervision to keep the piggies out of the blades. After a quick tutorial, she was off and running. An hour later, her portion of the CSA effort was tilled and turned.
Watch this page for daily updates. As promised, we will be documenting the 2018 season with photos and video.
2018 Season Updates
- Hügelkultur – Setting the Rows with traditional Germanic techniques
- C.S.A. Update May, 2018 – General Produce is coming along well.
- Carolina Reaper Variants for 2018 – Red, Yellow, Peach, Chocolate, Brown, and various crosses for 2018
- Dragon’s Breath Peppers for Sale – Maybe as early as July. Definitely this season.
- The World’s Most Expensive Pepper – It is soaking wet, I lost my shoes, but I got it in the ground.
- New Organic Pest Control – Baby chicken and duck join the flock.
- Hospital Stay and Delay – Getting back on track after a speed bump
- First Boxes Listed – All of the 2017 last frost boxes are done and we have listed the first pods of 2018 as mixed boxes.
- New Boxes and Lots of Rain – We are currently selling almost as fast as we are listing.
- Labor Day Weekend – Remember, this is a three day weekend for the Post Office.
- More updates soon
Thank You & Please Share
This season is key to our continued growth. To meet my new physical challenges, we need to fix or replace our tiny tractor. If we earn enough, we hope to pay a seasonal employee a fair wage. To that end, this season is our largest grow ever. The kids are really chipping in, but let me tell you that relearning how to walk with partial feet and a walk behind tiller is not fun. Not asking for charity, just honesty. If you like our product please spread the word by linking to our site and sharing our pages on social media.
As always, thank you. Without patrons, we could not live this wonderful life here in Mother Nature’s arms. And thank you for your continued support. If not for all the well wishes, prayers, and positive energy sent my way I doubt I would be back on my feet. You keep me going.